Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City she was the daughter of Lydia Perez and Ismael Serrano Merchant marine. Rosie is of Puerto Rican descent. Rosie attended Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood, Queens, New York She then went on to enroll at Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was just starting her second semester of college and was scheduled to return to New York. Her friends had hosted an event to celebrate. She accepted Spike Lee's invitation to be part of his film Do the Right Thing (1989). This was her first major acting gig. Then, she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her part as Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless, 1993). (She lost to Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993).) In my early days, the Latin community was responsible for the majority of the criticism I was subjected to. I can remember people taking me out to lunch and saying to me "Can you take lessons to tone down your accent?" or, "When it's a talk show, how do you not be funny? My voice was always a critic. I attempted to alter it. I did my best to alter my voice but it was not my way of speaking. My octaves decreased when I got older, which is a good thing. It's all about taking on your fears head-on. It's more about battling yourself. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight punch into the middle of his face. Floyd Mayweather wouldn't blink. And I understand the way he's performing. He mentioned that Don Cornelius was fascinated with her dancing] Don Cornelius was not interested in watching me dance. I was dancing hip-hop and it was an entirely different style from Californians. They were only aware of locking and popping, which is why they weren't interested in hip-hop dancing. Don was the kind of person who said "No I'm not going to. You're a girl." I thought"What? This is a bit bizarre. Then I had to perform in high-heeled shoes. I've never danced in high heels before, and I was wearing the tiniest short dressthat's in my back and I'm all like, Oh my God



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Paget Valerie Brewster

Elizabeth Mitchel